Sunday, September 23, 2012

Favorite Technology Lesson

In Educational Technology 300, we have gone over many helpful and fun technology lessons!

My favorite lesson so far has been the scratch offs. I think that these are an awesome idea for the classroom because students would really enjoy scratching off the cards. The cards were very easy to make in Photoshop and helped give me extra practice in using the program. Once they were printed, I had to cut out contact paper to fit over the words that I wanted covered by the paint mixture. In this case, I would cover the area inside the blue box. Then I just painted on the mixture of 1/2 a teaspoon of dish soap and 1 teaspoon of silver metallic paint. Once this dried the scratch offs were ready to use!

This would be a great way to incorporate positive reinforcement in the classroom. For example, if the student is displaying a desirable behavior, they could receive a scratch off that would have a reward such as being a line leader for the day. I definitely plan on using this strategy in my classroom in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment