Friday, November 23, 2012

VCSU/NDSU Collaborative Teaching Program

Although I am an NDSU student, I am receiving a degree from VCSU. At first, I was a little skeptical of the idea of getting two separate degrees from two different universities at the same time. The application process and getting everything organized before I could take any classes was a little confusing. However, now that I have started taking Valley City classes, I have been very impressed with how smoothly everything has gone with this collaborative program. Since I love NDSU’s campus so much and most of my family and friends live in the area, I am really glad that all of the professors are able to come to campus so that we do not have to travel to Valley City. I love the education classes, and am really starting to become excited about my future as a teacher.

Through this program we are able to spend some time in an actual classroom. I am in a first grade class in the West Fargo District. I really like that age group and the activities that have been done in the class. It is an awesome way to see what we are going through in our classes put in practice. This leads to a much better understanding of the material covered in class. It is also helpful to compare my peers’ experiences with my own in order to understand how different districts work around the area and learn about even more strategies for the classroom.

In order to make sure I become a very effective teacher, there are many things I can improve on before the end of the semester. The most important thing I need to work on is to make sure I keep up on all of my homework. If an assignment is not due right away, I tend to put it off until right before it is due. I need to start working on assignments right way so that I don’t have as much work to do at the end. This will lead to a better final product and less stress along the way. I also think I could do a better job about reading the text in a lot of my classes. Overall, I am very pleased with how the teaching program is going and look forward to my future as a teacher.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment